Paradisus Palma Real has unveiled the newest addition to its signature YHI Spa, The Oriental Garden. This distinctive retreat boasts treatments based on eastern therapies and meditation, featuring not only authentic Balinese and Thai massages, wraps and reflexologies, but also traditional Balinese Tea Ceremonies. Expert Balinese therapists were flown to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, to educate all of the spa staff on the art and culture surrounding Balinese spa techniques, to ensure authenticity throughout the experience.
• Balinese Boreh – A complete exfoliation and body polishing combined with a full body massage. Aimed to help relieve muscle pain and increase blood circulation with the help of a warm wrap mixture of cinnamon, sandalwood, clove and ginger. This treatment includes a salt foot bath, Balinese full body massage and Boreh wrap. 90 minutes
• The Royal Balinese Massage – A full-body, deep-tissue, holistic treatment with acupuncture, reflexology, stretching and aromatherapy designed to stimulate the flow of blood, oxygen and “qi” (vital energy). This treatment also includes a salt foot bath, Balinese full body massage and Indian Scalp Massage. 90 minutes
• Bali Memories – This treatment begins with a salt foot bath to activate tired legs and feet, followed by the Balinese Massage, Indian Scalp Massage and a foot reflexology session to restore balance and eliminate ailments. 2 hours 30 minutes
• Traditional Thai Massage – An interactive manipulation of the body using passive stretching and gentle pressure along the body’s energy channels to release pain and stress. This technique is believed to have been initiated by Jivaka Kumar Bhaccha, the physician to Lord Buddha in India. Thai massage is considered an art, as each therapist practices in a unique and unrepeatable way. 60 minutes or 90 minutes
• Reflexology – Based on the belief that all parts of the body are represented on the hands and feet, this treatment uses pressure to detect, prevent and improve any physical and emotional ailments. 60 min
• Balimoon – A journey through all the oriental treatments created just for two. Includes the Flower Foot Bath and Balinese Tea Ceremony, the Balinese Boreh, a Balinese Massage, the Indian Scalp Massage and a Reflexology session. 3 hours 30 minutes
Situated in its own private space separate from the resort’s YHI Spa, The Oriental Garden offers a hideaway for guests to experience the ultimate relaxation and rejuvenation. The Oriental Garden includes full water hydrotherapy, changing rooms, treatment cabins and a zen relaxing area. All of the Oriental Garden treatments and facilities are in addition to the original YHI Spa treatments currently offered at Paradisus Palma Real.
Located on legendary Bávaro Beach in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, the recently renovated Paradisus Palma Real Resort is near the Punta Cana International Airport and one and a half hours from La Romana. The modern and elegant Mediterranean-style architecture invites guests to relax on an expansive, stress-free property.
Paradisus Resorts is an all-inclusive luxury resort brand owned and operated by Meliá Hotels International, (formerly Sol Meliá Hotels & Resorts) one of the world’s most successful hotel companies. The growing brand currently has two hotels in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: Paradisus Palma Real and Paradisus Punta Cana and three resorts in Mexico: Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla (adults-only), Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Esmeralda (for everyone) and the new Paradisus Cancun. Boasting unique room categories and luxurious upgrade options such as the adults-only Royal Service and family-only Family Concierge, the resorts are ideal for a wide spectrum of guests including couples, family vacations, destination weddings and business travelers.
The properties in Punta Cana each feature The Reserve at Paradisus, an exclusive resort-within-a-resort concept where guests experience private check-in and stay in residential style accommodations, among numerous other services and amenities. Paradisus Resorts will continue its growth with the opening of a brand-new property in Papagayo Bay, Costa Rica, scheduled to open in 2015.
For more information on Paradisus Resorts, please visit www.paradisus.com. Follow Paradisus Resorts on Twitter, @Paradisus and Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/Paradisus.Resorts